Sunday, May 20, 2012

Friday Madness on the River

Friday, I played the weekly game at The Kennedy Inn, Newtown. It started at 8, and I arrived about 8.25. There was I believe about 16/17 runners and a few of the usuals were not there, with 2/3 new faces to.


Up to the break and indeed the final table everything was going to plan, I had about 30% of the chips on my table. There was 2 bigger stacks when we got to the final table and then the madness started. I went out in 6th, and the 4 before me had the same fate!!

I know you hear "another bad beat" etc etc, well this is what it was. 10th, 9th, 8th, 7th, and myself all had the blues.

Here are a few examples: (Im not including surnames, when I name a player)

Jason who was short stacked and was the big blind with only 3k behind and blinds were 2k/4k at this stage was dealt jacks, and was called by 2 people. The board was 8,8,4,10 (no picture cards) and then Paddy hit his king on the river to knock Jason out.

Myself I limped with 3s, with 2 callers. Flop came 3h, Kd, Qd. My brother Clif decided to go all in, so of course i couldnt get my chips in the middle quick enough. He turns over 7d, 9d looking to hit his Diamond, which of course he duly hit on the river!!

When I finally pushed I got 2 callers. Craig pushed on an Ace high flop and Greg duly folded. Craig turned over q,10 off and I showed my K,J off to be in great shape and all set for a triple up but no the river decides Craig needs a 10 and bye bye me!!


Another hand, there was a 3 way all in. Clif took his time as Greg had pushed, only to be called by Paddy (This confused Clif a bit as he was snap calling Greg, but Paddy put a spanner in the works). When clif finally called he was in great shape as Greg had Ac, Jc, Paddy had AJ off and Clif showed AQ off. Once again another bad beat came on the turn as Greg filled his flush to go straight into the chip lead, knock Clif out and leave Paddy with a chip and a chair, which he duly lost next hand as he pushed all in without even looking. Paddy turned over Q,8 off and Moira's Ace high took the chips in this race.

It wasnt only the final table that had bad beats as earlier in the night on the opposite table, Geraldine raised preflop with Jacks to get called by Greg and his 8,2 off I believe. Even with a bet on the flop Greg didnt believe and when he hit his set on the turn it was bye bye geraldine.

I left once there was 4 left but I believe Robert and Greg chopped for €200 each. 4 places were paid, 4th got their money back and 3rd double their buy in.

1=. Greg
1=. Robert
3. Moira
4. Craig
5. Paddy
6. Trevor
7. Clif
8. Betty
9. Jean
10. Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment