Thursday, May 17, 2012

WEDNESDAY MADNESS

If by chance I end up going to these tournaments I will try give some kind of report, and once the site is up and running, ill try get reports off the different places wheres there is a game, and hopefully get a few pictures etc.

Last night I decided to venture forth to Bray, and try my luck. This is the Wednesday night cheap game for €20. It had 56 runners, with a few faces I would know from wicklow (Alan, Joey, Eric, Alan and Neil) and then the faces that always seem to be in bray, from Wednesday to Sunday.

I was running a bit behind time and took my seat at around 8.25 on Table E Seat 1. I played 2 hands before I was moved, (got moved 5 times last night) but the last hand i had to watch as it ended up with 3 players all in!! The flop was 9, 6, 10 rainbow, 1 bet, 3 callers. The turn was another 9, again a big bet of around 2k and again 4 callers. The river was an 8. 3 all ins and 1 fold. 1 guy had a straight, the other queens, the other mucked. 30k pot not bad sir!!

As for me I was pretty card dead all night, when I found 7s and pushed, lucky for me they held after 2 callers, but I couldnt find another hand, and when I did, I ran into aces and queens. out in a disappointing 20th. This is what my chips looked like before I pushed!!!!




6 places were paid, with about €340 for the winner. Not bad for a Wednesday night and not enough to break the bank. A good cheap game, if your looking to hone your poker skills, this is the place.

I didnt wait around for the cash game, as there was already 2 full tables and this was 11pm. I noticed a few players only show for these games, so beware......

No comments:

Post a Comment